Acer Nitro 5 is a popular gaming laptop that provides powerful performance and excellent graphics. However, users have reported facing issues with the laptop not turning on. The hardware may occasionally be unable to support the load due to the high computing needs of gaming laptops, which causes problems. If you are also facing the same issue, then don’t worry as there are some easy troubleshooting steps that you can follow to resolve the problem. In this article, we will discuss the possible causes and solutions for the Acer Nitro 5 not turning on issue.
Why Won’t My Acer Nitro 5 Laptop Turn On?
If your Acer Nitro 5 keeps turning off, then it can be due to several reasons such as overheating, battery issues, or hardware issues. Overheating is a common reason for laptops to turn off. To prevent overheating, make sure that the laptop is placed on a flat surface and the vents are not blocked. You can also use a cooling pad to reduce the temperature of the laptop. If the issue persists, then it can be a hardware issue, such as a faulty battery or power supply. Some of them are explained below:
- Dead Battery: Even when plugged in, the laptop won’t power on if the battery is entirely discharged.
- Defective Power Adapter: If the power adapter is not functioning properly, it might not be able to supply the laptop with enough power, which would prevent it from turning on.
- Hardware Failure: The laptop may be unable to switch on if it has a hardware issue, such as a defective hard drive or a broken motherboard.
- Software Problems: Software problems can prevent a laptop from turning on. A virus or malware infection, an issue with the operating system, or another issue can keep the laptop from starting up.
- Physical Harm: The laptop may not turn on if it has physical harm, such as a damaged or dropped battery or a bent power connector.
How Do I Fix My Acer Laptop Won’t Turn On?
If your Acer Nitro 5 laptop won’t turn on, then the first thing you should do is check the power source. Make sure that the laptop is connected to a power source and the battery is charged. If the battery is low, then connect the laptop to a power source and wait for a few minutes before turning it on. If the laptop still does not turn on, then try the following steps:
Fix 1: Battery Reset and BIOS Default
The first and most basic solution for this Acer Nitro 5 that won’t switch on is a reset option. The bottom of the majority of laptops with non-removable batteries frequently has a pinhole. a tiny gap, that is. There is a battery indicator next to the hole. Normally, the pin is inserted into the hole and held there for 30 seconds to reset. Only laptops with built-in batteries have a hole in the rear for the battery reset.
Fix 2: Perform a Hard Reset
Performing a hard reset can help in resolving the issue. To perform a hard reset, follow the steps below:
- Disconnect the power cord and remove the battery from the laptop
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds
- Reconnect the battery and power cord
- Turn on the laptop
Fix 3: A Mysterious Keyboard Solution
While searching the forum for the best potential solution, I came across an intriguing fix for your Acer Nitro 5 that won’t switch on. To get around this, press a couple of keys.
There appears to be a pressurized micro-switch somewhere in the center of the keyboard, close to the letters X C V D F, and several users have confirmed that it is the source of the Acer Nitro 5’s black screen, failure to turn on, and keyboard issue. You simultaneously pressed the power button and another neighboring button, and the laptop ultimately turned on. This still has an unknown exact cause. Other forum users looked under the motherboard to try to figure out this perplexing response. It appears that the pressure switch is behind the RAM panel. When the lid is closed, a little, black box is shoved inside. A smaller black pin sticks out of the box’s top.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQs)
How Do I Force Restart My Acer Nitro 5?
If your Acer Nitro 5 is not responding or has become unresponsive, then you can force restart it. To force restart your Acer Nitro 5, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds
- Release the power button
- Wait for a few seconds and then press the power button again to turn on the laptop
Where Is the Battery Reset Button on Acer Nitro 5?
Connect the charger cable and power on the computer before resetting the battery on a laptop with an integrated battery. The laptop’s rear should have a hole for the battery reset. If there isn’t a pinhole on the back of the laptop, you probably have a removable battery. The battery can be taken out without removing any fasteners.
The Acer Nitro 5 not turning on the issue can be frustrating, but the good news is that it can be resolved by following some simple troubleshooting steps. In this article, we discussed the possible causes and solutions for the issue. If the issue persists, then you should contact Acer support for further assistance. Hopefully. this article was helpful to you.