The user DESKTOP-L859GOUMudda SID (S-1-5-21-3310432888-172196483-2371647838-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) starting to run in the software Unaccessible SID does not have Local Activation license for the COM Web server with CLSID 2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54 and APPID 15C20B (Unavailable). Using the Element Resources administration tool, you can change this security authorization.
How to Solve – ’15c20b67-12e7-4bb6-92bb-7aff07997402: DistributedCOM error 10016′
Restore PC Repair Tool is a useful tool for repairing a variety of PC issues. Using this software, you can fix basic computer faults, secure your system from file damage and infection, prevent equipment failure, and optimize your machine for optimum performance. In only three simple steps, you can resolve PC difficulties and eradicate viruses:
- First, you have to be on your computer.
- Then, you have to click on the Start Scan option for finding any Windows issues which are responsible for the problem is occurring.
- Now, you have to click on Repair All for fixing the issues which affect the performance and security of your computer.
In the Windows 10 operating system, you may have experienced the infamous distributed com 10016 problem and DCOM (Distributed Component Object Model) event ID 10016, among other things. This is a good problem that has existed but since Windows 8 operating system was introduced.
However, even after upgrading, the error doesn’t at all appear to have been resolved. When a program attempts to launch the DCOM server, it encounters this problem owing to a lack of access lists.
Though this is not known whether or not the issue will cause any severe damage to your windows os, having to put up with it consistently may be inconvenient.
It is provided to you in the shape of a computer glitch, coupled with a message that contains the APPID and CLSID of the application in question.
Since these two are distinct to each program and are necessary to allow software permissions, this is the case.
Please take a look at the following remedies, which can assist you in removing the Windows 10 distributed com 10016 viruses.
Method 1: Run Third-Party Software for Solving the Issue
Several Windows 10 issues are difficult to track down, as well as the distributed com 10016 problem is undoubtedly one of those difficulties.
As I have some better alternatives here, if modifying the Registry isn’t your area, you should try to use a specific solution that will instantly fix the issue.
Make use of the method provided below to resolve any Windows 10 difficulties, such as BSoD as well as DLL issues, so give it a try.
Updates to Windows are intended to improve the general efficiency of your windows os, incorporate new functionality, and even update the functions that are already there. On the other hand, there are occasions when some faults may appear out of nowhere.
Fortunately, if you do manage to run into such problems, there is a specialist Windows repair application called “Restore” that can assist you in resolving them in a short period.
Through Restore, you can fix the problem of registry error:
- First, you have to be on your computer.
- Then, you have to open the application on your computer.
- Now, you have to wait until the app opens and then, search for all the system stability problems and also the malware issues.
- Next, you have to click on Start Repair.
- Finally, you have to restart your computer to check whether the problem is solved or not.
After the procedure is done, your device should be in great working order, and then you don’t have to be concerned about Software Update issues or anything in the future.
Method 2: Activate Sufficient Permissions
- First, you have to open the Registry Editor on your computer. You can easily search for the registry editor on your computer to find it.
- Once you enter the registry editor, go to the following:
- Open it and look for the CLSID folder which contains the identical CLSID that you received in the problem.
- Now, you have to right-click on it and choose the folder.
5. At the upper corner of the window, you can find the owner. You will have to change the owner into the Administrators group.
6. Now, you choose the Replace all child object permission entries. You will find that option at the bottom side of that very same owner window.
7Next, you will be prompted with a warning of Windows Security, now you have to click on the OK and then, hit on the Yes options.
8. After that, you have to click on the Add option, there you have to type Everyone. You will find the option in the available area and then, you have to click on the OK. You have to go to the previous permissions panel for this.
9. You will see a list of users at the top of the main permissions Window. Now select Everyone under the user’s list and select allow to give Full Control to the user at the bottom.
10. You have to click on the OK for applying the adjustments and also save all the changes.
11. Next, you will need to navigate the following:
- You have to choose the folder which has the APPID. This is the same as the error message you get. You have to right-click on it.
- Steps 5 through 10 should be repeated until the app has received appropriate permissions.
- There would be a registry key that is available that will have a description that is comparable to the title of the program that is producing the problem.
- Select View Icons on the upper right side of the Control Panel and click to enable it.
- To access Component Services, you must first go to Administrative Tools and then select that option.
- Go through Computer and select My Computer from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click on the service that is creating the problem, choose Properties, and then pick the Security tab.
- Providing that you have properly completed all of the preceding stages to configure privileges in the registry, you will be able to choose to Customize from the Launch and Activation Permissions, and Access Permissions, and also Configuration Permissions categories of the registry.
- To modify the Launch and Activation Permissions, select Edit from the drop-down menu. (Hit Remove if you get the warning below: 1 or even more permissions items associated have an unknown type. Once you see this warning, tap Remove.
- Locate the System in the user list by clicking on it. If you are unable to access the Add option, write System into the text box and press the OK tab to proceed.
- In the selected window, you will then be capable of picking System from the list of users, which will be displayed. Local Launch and Local Activation should be checked, and they should be allowed.
- Continue to Step 20 for getting Access Privileges as well as Configuring Permissions, and then repeat the process for each permission type listed in the previous step.
Eventually, you will discover some additional ClSID or AppID data. Perform the proper procedures for every one of the values which have been mentioned in the order directing thus far. The modifications will enter into force after you reboot your computer at the conclusion.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is DCOM Server?
DCOM Server stands for Distributed Component Object Model Server. It’s a solution for distributed computing provided by Microsoft. It allows one client application to remotely start a DCOM server object on another machine and invoke its methods.
How Do I Fix DCOM Errors?
To Fix DCOM errors, navigate to Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config and locate the faulty service from the list using name and APPID. Right-click on that service and navigate to Properties > Security > Launch and Activation Permissions Edit > Add > Add a Local Service > Apply.
What Is Event 10016 Distributed COM Warning?
Event 10016 Distributed COM warning appears when any Microsoft component tries to access DCOM components without the required permissions.
Is It OK To Disable DCOM?
You can disable DCOM but it won’t be a good choice. It’s because, when you’ll disable DCOM, your operating system will lose functionality. This means, any COM objects that can be started remotely, won’t work anymore. Even the local COM+ snap also will be unable to connect to the remote server and enumerate their COM+ catalog.
15c20b67-12e7-4bb6-92bb-7aff07997402 is a common error that is faced by many Windows users and it mainly occurs when Microsoft components try to access DCOM components without the required permissions. Fortunately, the majority of customers have been successful in resolving the issue using any or all of these. In this case, you should be able to resolve the Windows 10 distributed com 10016 error within a short period if you carefully follow the steps provided. Even though the third option appears to be time-consuming and complicated, it is only advised for customers who have been unsuccessful in resolving the error using the other techniques.