In Windows 10, there are some simple ways to fix the internet connection problem “Computer appears to be correctly configured” but the device or resource is not responding.”
A variety of software and hardware faults can result in this error. To regain your internet connection, you can try the methods discussed below. Just one solution from below will be suitable for your issue. You have to find out which one.
How to Solve – “Your Computer Appears to Be Correctly Configured, but the device or resource is not responding” Issue
DNS server problems, which are commonly known as internet connection difficulties, are not uncommon. When a DNS server error occurs, some users will use Windows’ Internet Connection troubleshooter. The troubleshooter may then display an error message.
The message is “Computer appears to be correctly configured” but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding.” The first thing you should do is reset your router. An IP conflict may occur from time to time, and this procedure should resolve it. If it does not, then try to follow the following methods to fix the issue.
Right-click on Windows Start Button. Go to the Control Panel, and click on Network & Internet. Go to the Network and Sharing Center, then click on the name of your internet connection.
Select “internet protocol version 4” and click on “properties” at the bottom. Then check the boxes to enable these two. 1. Obtain an IP address automatically and 2. Obtain DNS server address automatically.
Again select “internet protocol version 6” and click on “properties” at the bottom. Please select the boxes to enable these two. 1. Obtain an Ipv6 address automatically and 2. Obtain DNS server address automatically. Click on OK and close the windows.
Right-click on the windows start button, go to the command prompt and open it as administrator. Enter the following 5 commands and hit enter key after each.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
1. To select Run, press the Windows key + X keyboard combination.
2. In the Open box, type ncpa.cpl and click OK to go to Network Connections.
3. Select Properties from the context menu of your active network adapter.
4. To open Network Connections, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
5. Finally, select the Obtain an IP address automatically radio button.
6. Select the option Use the following DNS server addresses automatically.
7. In the Preferred DNS server address box, type ‘22.214.171.124’.
8. In the Alternative DNS server addresses box, type ‘126.96.36.199’.
9. To close the window, click the OK button.
Update the Network Adapter driver
1. Go to device manager in the taskbar’s search box, then pick Device Manager.
2. Choose a category to display device names, then right-click (or press and hold) on Network adapters.
3. Select Search Automatically for new driver software.
4. Select Update Driver.
If Windows is unable to locate a new driver, go to the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
The Windows key + S shortcut will open Cortana’s search bar. Then, in the search box, type in the word “firewall.” To open the Windows Defender Firewall Control Panel applet, select this.
To access more options, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off. Turn off the Windows firewall. Then users can select both the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall options to turn off the WDF. The “OK” option.
Reason for Resource not Responding
An out-of-date network adapter driver could be the cause of the device or resource not responding issue. As a result, certain users’ network drivers may need to be updated. If you have any driver-related issues, you can use a third-party application to fix them for you like DRIVEFIX.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it dangerous to clear the DNS cache?
Any invalid addresses will be removed after clearing the DNS server, whether they are obsolete or have been modified. It’s also worth noting that flushing the cache has no negative consequences.
These methods should solve the “Computer appears to be correctly configured” but the device or resource is not responding” -issue. But if it does not, then you should contact the service center of your ISP.